Hydraulic Trench Shields
Consist of lightweight, aluminum sidewalls, coupled with heavy-duty hydraulic struts. The strut contains a hydraulic cylinder and return spring, and is protected by steel box tubing.
A uniquely designed manifold allows the user to precisely control the flow of fluid to each cylinder, while safely outside the trench. This makes hydraulic trench shields ideal for irregular size excavations.
These hydraulic trench shields have a static or hydraulic option. They may be used in a hydraulic mode, providing full pressure on the sides of the trench, or in a static mode- - much like a standard trench box.
Because our hydraulic shields are light weight and easy assembly, these trench shields can be handled easily by rubber-tired backhoes. They are ideal for municipal maintenance or repair projects, utility or cable work, and light- to moderate-duty general underground contracting.
HYDRAULIC SHIELDS FEATURES
- Lightweight aluminum sheeting sidewalls with sturdy lifting eyes
- Heavy-duty skid plates and sheeting caps reinforce top and bottom of the sheeting sidewalls
- Multiple pinning locations in strut permit a wide range of settings when the shield is used in a static mode
- Fold-down steel manifold cover protects manifold when shield is in use, yet permits quick access to hydraulic hook-ups
- Certified by a registered professional engineer to meet OSHA standards
Optional cutouts with replaceable doors are available
Heavy-duty steel box tubing protects cylinder, and features end-loading capability for 3- or 4-sided use