1) What is the difference between equal clearance and front lower clearance?
Equal clearance: has 64 inches of clearance from the bottom of each spreader collar to the bottom of the shield. It allows for larger pipe to go through the full length of the box.
Front lower clearance: has the spreader collars lower at the front end of the shield and is preferred for longer heavier shields and in poor soil conditions to eliminate pinching.
2) Can you add steel plate to the bottom of the shield to extend the depth of protection?
No. Steel plate cannot be used to go deeper. If the shield does not go to the top of the excavation you must add another shield or bench back beginning 18 inches from the top of the shield.
3) Can a lighter, narrower walled shield be placed on top of a heavier, thicker walled shield when used as a stacker?
Yes. For example a 4” walled shield can be placed on top of a 6” walled shield as long as the stacking connectors match up and the shields are of equal length.
4) Do the pins come with the spreaders?
The pins are shipped out with the spreaders
5) Do the pins for the lite shield come with the panels or they priced out separate?
The pins are shipped out with the spreaders and the panel connectors(PC)
6) Can you paint shields different colors?
Yes, call manufature for details
7) Do I have to pay extra for stack tubes on the bottom of a NKE shield?
No, the stacking tubes comes standard on the bottom of a no knife edge