The short-span solution that keeps things moving
The Port-A-Bridge™ by GME® is a modular bridge system designed for rapid delivery and installation at the jobsite. The Port-A-Bridge™ is available in 10' increments, from 20' to 50' long. Each section is 6' wide. Two units join together to form a 12' wide single lane structure that allows vehicles, equipment, or foot traffic to proceed over or around the construction site or impassable area.
Typically, a bridge can be installed on-site in minutes, making it ideal for short to medium term usage. Units can be loaded on a truck with a heavy-duty fork truck or small crane. Contractors on-site can install the units using excavators, or small rough terrain cranes.
The system is designed to permit the formation of multiple spans in multiple lanes, utilizing our standard length units. The fully-welded structural steel units feature steel decking for maximum durability. They are designed to meet specific U.S. loading criteria, in accordance with AASHTO-US bridge design code by licensed professional engineers. Each unit can safely handle HS25 loading and typical heavy-duty dump trucks. Units also feature a vehicular crash barrier, also designed and detailed to accommodate pedestrian traffic.
- Highway Contractors -- Detour structures
- Municipalities -- New construction and emergency replacement for permanent structures
- Utility Contractors -- Hauling roads and access over excavations
- Utility Companies -- Access to remote areas and off-road applications
- Developers -- New construction development
- Parks and Golf Courses -- New construction and replacement of existing structures
- Events -- Walkways or access lanes for concerts, sporting events, conventions
For complete technical specifications and purchase or rental information, contact your local GME Distributor or contact GME via our Contact page